The Top 5 Pieces of Management Advice from Great Leaders
When you are a manager, you have a delicate role as you need to be the captain of the ship and that means that you want to make sure that you are able to drive the ship with the best leadership tips and ensure that you are striking the balance between management and leadership. That is a very delicate balance as well because you are providing guidance, mentorship, and also a clear path for others to follow. Here are the top 5 management tips that will ensure that people are always able to follow you without hesitation.
- Lead by Example. One of the top leadership tips out there is to make sure that you practice what you preach. If you are always working with the clients and also with the other employees in the same manner that you are wanting to see them act with you, you will be assured of respect. People respond better to those that they respect rather than those that are mandating things on them.
- Know Your People. It is very important to know what makes people tick. This is one of the top management tips that will ensure that you are able to find new ways as well to incentivise them to work harder or to reach their next goal.
- Provide Regular Insightful Feedback. One thing that many people in the management and leadership role fail to do is manage! That means that you need to be able to provide very honest and candid feedback when things are going well, as well as when they are not going well. That little ounce of proactive behaviour can mean the difference in someone keeping a job and being let go.
- Make Sure You Have Realistic Expectations. When you are working with a group, one of the most important management tips is to make sure that you are able to have realistic expectations for the level of productivity as well as the level of work you expect them to do. It is important when you are building your business that you are doing so in phases, a bit at a time.
- Have a Sincere Interest in the Course of the Careers of Your Employees. You want to make sure that you are taking a genuine interest in the employees, and you are working with them to make sure that they are making a career path that is going to be fruitful for the employee. With the right amount of mentoring, you also will be able to work with them to make sure that they are also following the path that is best suited to their development.When you are holding the mantle of a manager, it is very important for you to follow these leadership tips to ensure that your team is aligned and that your individual goals will be much easier to reach with cohesive leadership and management. Working with these leadership tips will help your team achieve new and seemingly impossible things.
For more advice and ideas contact Scott Whitehead on 0333 335 9378